Monday 15 November 2010

Looking at an Existing Magazine Cover

I decided to look at an existing magazine that relates in some way to an acoustic genre. Although Rolling Stone isn’t an acoustic magazine, the cover star, Taylor Swift, is an acoustic artist and this particular issue features her on the front page. I like the simplicity of this cover, with a plain background and a striking image which takes up most of the space. Taylor Swift is pictured with a guitar, representing the fact that she is an established singer-songwriter. I also like the layout, with the cover lines on the right hand side and the main feature taking up more space on the other side of the page. The artist’s name is enlarged which grabs the audience’s attention. The font and colour work well with the image and looks effective on the page. I think the posture of the artist is a little awkward, as if it’s been purposely staged. For my image, I’d like to create a more natural feel. Overall, I’m keen on this front page and will use it as inspiration for my magazine cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment