Tuesday 5 April 2011

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Throughout the production of my magazine, I have continuously learnt from audience feedback, making improvements based on people’s thoughts and ideas. As my target audience for my magazine is 13-18 year old females, I was able to ask for many of my friends’ opinions which I found encouraging and useful. Once I’d established the genre of my magazine i.e. acoustic music, I distributed a questionnaire to a random selection of people within my target audience, asking what sorts of artists they were interested in, as well as how much they would be willing to pay for a music magazine of this genre. I found the results were extremely helpful and I was able to use the feedback to create a product that people would be interested in reading. Not only did the questionnaire help me, but peer assessment played a big part in this project. After creating a first draft of my magazine cover, I showed my peers the product and asked for their opinions as to which areas needed improving. From this, I found that the cover lines needed to be bolder in order to stand out, but overall the feedback gave me confidence in my product. Peer assessment was also useful when it came to deciding on what image to use in my double page spread. After some discussion, it was agreed by everyone that the best photo was the one with the most interesting mise-en-scene. This gave me a very good starting point for my double page spread, as I felt the chosen image was striking enough to appeal to my target audience.

See below for audience feedback:

No comments:

Post a Comment