Tuesday 5 April 2011

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


Since creating my school magazine cover, my knowledge of using Photoshop has increased considerably. For example, I now know how to make my magazine more effective, by adding drop shadows and outer glows. I also learnt how to select parts of photos using the quick selection tool, which was useful when cutting out the flowers to put on my front cover, contents page and DPS. The layout of my magazine has also improved since my school magazine, as I have considered the ‘golden line’ – something which I didn’t know about before. I have used much more visual fonts that are attention-grabbing whereas, in my school magazine, the fonts are quite plain and boring. Overall my understanding of the software has improved greatly throughout the making of my music magazine, helping me achieve a professional looking product. 

My product placement allowed me to compare my magazine with similar products and test its marketability. I found this useful because I was able to tell whether or not the conventions I’d used stood out enough to make people want to read it. I felt that the magazine visually looked good amongst other magazines and I’m very pleased with the final product. 

Front Cover

(Click on photo to see tags)

Contents Page

(Click on photo to see tags)

Double Page Spread

(Click on photo to see tags)

No comments:

Post a Comment